Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 04-19-2021, 03:49 AM   #21
DeLuxeD21

Vehicle: nissan d21 hardbody 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
You can get an ECU for around 100 to 200, depending on the seller and how fast they want to make a sale.

The MAF usually goes bad because people don't clean them.

O2 sensors are supposed to be replaced every 60k miles, but owners rarely do it.
Right on, the thing is where i live nobody has them in junkyards cause all the mexicans buy them out IMMEDIATELY... Which sucks, and i've seen people taking the parts from junkyards and reselling for 10x the price online... Which is bullshit because people like me need them for cheap and not over pay , nor wait for the part to be shipped, have about 30+ junkyards where i live and none have the truck i need... sucks lol
DeLuxeD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:35 AM   #22
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD, 1998 Pathfinder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuxeD21 View Post
Right on, the thing is where i live nobody has them in junkyards cause all the mexicans buy them out IMMEDIATELY... Which sucks, and i've seen people taking the parts from junkyards and reselling for 10x the price online... Which is bullshit because people like me need them for cheap and not over pay , nor wait for the part to be shipped, have about 30+ junkyards where i live and none have the truck i need... sucks lol
There are two reasons why certain parts are hard to find, besides your reason.

1) The aftermarket parts supply hasn't caught up to Nissan hardbodies yet. If someone actually produced a complete throttle body system with all parts included for it...they would probably make a killing. No one, not even Nissan engineers, thought that people would keep these trucks for more than forty years. On the other hand, if you are trying to fix or restore an old Ford or Chevy, or maybe even a Dodge, there are aftermarket companies galore that can fix you up with everything you need. Nissan hardbodies just haven't reached that level with the aftermarket part companies. The bums.

2) The damn wrecking yards now strip out everything that's good, price it, let the truck sit there for a while...and then have it chopped up and recycled. In the old days the junkyard business was far different. Sometimes cars and trucks would sit out in the yard for years. Not any more.

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 129,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:23 AM   #23
DeLuxeD21

Vehicle: nissan d21 hardbody 1995

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoXSciFiGuy View Post
There are two reasons why certain parts are hard to find, besides your reason.

1) The aftermarket parts supply hasn't caught up to Nissan hardbodies yet. If someone actually produced a complete throttle body system with all parts included for it...they would probably make a killing. No one, not even Nissan engineers, thought that people would keep these trucks for more than forty years. On the other hand, if you are trying to fix or restore an old Ford or Chevy, or maybe even a Dodge, there are aftermarket companies galore that can fix you up with everything you need. Nissan hardbodies just haven't reached that level with the aftermarket part companies. The bums.

2) The damn wrecking yards now strip out everything that's good, price it, let the truck sit there for a while...and then have it chopped up and recycled. In the old days the junkyard business was far different. Sometimes cars and trucks would sit out in the yard for years. Not any more.
ah... i guess so, but i know alot of the mexicans are taking them as soon as they come out i know cause i seen it watched em do it ect.. its fucked lol but u are right too... we do need more aftermarket parts that work like oem...
DeLuxeD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #24
CharlaineC

Vehicle: 1995 pickup

change out the o2 asap and check your gas cap as well. my cap was rotted out with the o2 being blown as well did the same thing. mac should be changed as well or at least cleaned.
CharlaineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #25
jp2code
Software Developer

Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,339 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlaineC View Post
change out the o2 asap and check your gas cap as well. my cap was rotted out with the o2 being blown as well did the same thing. mac should be changed as well or at least cleaned.
Probably MAF, right?
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote