Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2021, 03:49 AM   #21
DeLuxeD21
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 14
Vehicle: nissan d21 hardbody 1995
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp2code View Post
You can get an ECU for around 100 to 200, depending on the seller and how fast they want to make a sale.

The MAF usually goes bad because people don't clean them.

O2 sensors are supposed to be replaced every 60k miles, but owners rarely do it.
Right on, the thing is where i live nobody has them in junkyards cause all the mexicans buy them out IMMEDIATELY... Which sucks, and i've seen people taking the parts from junkyards and reselling for 10x the price online... Which is bullshit because people like me need them for cheap and not over pay , nor wait for the part to be shipped, have about 30+ junkyards where i live and none have the truck i need... sucks lol
DeLuxeD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:35 AM   #22
XoXSciFiGuy
 
XoXSciFiGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 3,086
Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD, 1998 Pathfinder.
Thanks: 201
Thanked 579 Times in 525 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLuxeD21 View Post
Right on, the thing is where i live nobody has them in junkyards cause all the mexicans buy them out IMMEDIATELY... Which sucks, and i've seen people taking the parts from junkyards and reselling for 10x the price online... Which is bullshit because people like me need them for cheap and not over pay , nor wait for the part to be shipped, have about 30+ junkyards where i live and none have the truck i need... sucks lol
There are two reasons why certain parts are hard to find, besides your reason.

1) The aftermarket parts supply hasn't caught up to Nissan hardbodies yet. If someone actually produced a complete throttle body system with all parts included for it...they would probably make a killing. No one, not even Nissan engineers, thought that people would keep these trucks for more than forty years. On the other hand, if you are trying to fix or restore an old Ford or Chevy, or maybe even a Dodge, there are aftermarket companies galore that can fix you up with everything you need. Nissan hardbodies just haven't reached that level with the aftermarket part companies. The bums.

2) The damn wrecking yards now strip out everything that's good, price it, let the truck sit there for a while...and then have it chopped up and recycled. In the old days the junkyard business was far different. Sometimes cars and trucks would sit out in the yard for years. Not any more.
__________________

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 129,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 03:23 AM   #23
DeLuxeD21
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 14
Vehicle: nissan d21 hardbody 1995
Thanks: 1
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoXSciFiGuy View Post
There are two reasons why certain parts are hard to find, besides your reason.

1) The aftermarket parts supply hasn't caught up to Nissan hardbodies yet. If someone actually produced a complete throttle body system with all parts included for it...they would probably make a killing. No one, not even Nissan engineers, thought that people would keep these trucks for more than forty years. On the other hand, if you are trying to fix or restore an old Ford or Chevy, or maybe even a Dodge, there are aftermarket companies galore that can fix you up with everything you need. Nissan hardbodies just haven't reached that level with the aftermarket part companies. The bums.

2) The damn wrecking yards now strip out everything that's good, price it, let the truck sit there for a while...and then have it chopped up and recycled. In the old days the junkyard business was far different. Sometimes cars and trucks would sit out in the yard for years. Not any more.
ah... i guess so, but i know alot of the mexicans are taking them as soon as they come out i know cause i seen it watched em do it ect.. its fucked lol but u are right too... we do need more aftermarket parts that work like oem...
DeLuxeD21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 03:25 PM   #24
CharlaineC
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: malden WA
Posts: 80
Vehicle: 1995 pickup
Thanks: 14
Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Default

change out the o2 asap and check your gas cap as well. my cap was rotted out with the o2 being blown as well did the same thing. mac should be changed as well or at least cleaned.
CharlaineC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2021, 04:02 PM   #25
jp2code
Software Developer
 
jp2code's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Longview, TX [USA]
Age: 51
Posts: 10,499
Vehicle: 94 LB 2x4 Manual VG33e
Thanks: 1,679
Thanked 1,525 Times in 1,339 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlaineC View Post
change out the o2 asap and check your gas cap as well. my cap was rotted out with the o2 being blown as well did the same thing. mac should be changed as well or at least cleaned.
Probably MAF, right?
__________________
Joe (not a mechanic!) Don't have an account? EMAIL ME
Factory Service Manuals: https://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Hardbody/
Walk-through: Checking Nissan Trouble Codes
1994 VG30E to VG33E with H256 Cams

jp2code is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.