Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 03-25-2021, 01:53 AM   #11
amdilligaf1
i usually don't talk much

Vehicle: 1997 D21 RC 2WD KA24 5MT HF35 KH3 K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deerhurst View Post
For everything but exhaust gaskets I like felpro. I used to blow out exhaust gaskets like they were free before I went to Remflex. Gotta use their 300zx gaskets and cut one side so it can be flipped to match the pickup stud pattern but they have never failed on me. Once I went to those I was blowing out gaskets where the Y pipe meets the cat back so I had to weld that!

Amd, I'm at 22 of those little magnets! I order a lot of shit from rock auto.
22? damn ! i can see how that might happen...and post 'em if you got 'em !

deerhurst, i was gonna DM you about autohausaz for your audi stuff....maybe they will have something you need.
Old 03-25-2021, 02:32 AM   #12
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 SE-V6 4WD D21, 2003 Audi A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdilligaf1 View Post
22? damn ! i can see how that might happen...and post 'em if you got 'em !

deerhurst, i was gonna DM you about autohausaz for your audi stuff....maybe they will have something you need.

I've been ordering from them for years. I order for my car, truck, mom car, dad truck, aunt cars but mostly my rigs and my mom's car. Especially with oregon going full retard in the last year.

I havnt ordered from Autohausaz. Usually rock auto, ECS and occasionally amazon has the best price. Just got some oil filters from RA, $4.71ea for Wix.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (03-25-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 04:34 AM   #13
SBJ
Total Buzzkill

Vehicle: '90 D21 4cyl 5spd 2wd

I've lost count of how many Rockauto magnets I have. A few dozen at least. I didn't know AutohausAZ carried parts for Japanese vehicles. I'd always thought of them as catering more to German vehicle owners. A few years ago I was helping a friend fix a old VW and we ordered a bunch of parts from them. Prices were good and the shipping was fast.

Deerhurst, Eeuroparts and FCP Euro are both good resources for European parts, if you didn't know already.
SBJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (03-28-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 11:57 AM   #14
bluehustler
Dip**** Ahoy

Vehicle: 91 ka 2wd 5spd

So..... is there any chance anybody would wanna trade rock auto magnets? I got a couple doubles and im in to cover more of my fridge.

I really like the kyb shocks, i gotta order some more now that im back in a 4 banger. And killer fog lamps
bluehustler is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (03-28-2021)
Old 03-25-2021, 08:45 PM   #15
Project510

Vehicle: 1997 D21

We are pretty much doing the same exact thing at generally the same time. Thanks for all the info. Will help out a lot. Im about to order the OSK kit myself. Already did the shocks and some bushings.

The OSK kit you ordered, did it come with the seals and everything needed to complete the job? It looks like you order another set of the same seals. Just curious as I need to order everything ahead of time as I am taking it to a friends shop so I have a 2 day shot to fix everything haha. Wont have time to sit and wait for correct parts.
Old 03-28-2021, 08:07 PM   #16
amdilligaf1

i haven't signed on in a couple of days.
extra work and life comes at you HARD.

here is a very helpful step by step KA24E TIMING CHAIN post from our friends at nissanforum.
cadillacdude1975 and JP2CODE used to post there, wayback.......

i'm printing and using this hoodside, plus
the Infamous stickys...

https://www.nissanforums.com/threads...-97-hb.137011/

feel free to PM me (anyone) that wants any part #, i plan on posting them all when everything is here, which should be by the end of this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project510 View Post
We are pretty much doing the same exact thing at generally the same time. Thanks for all the info. Will help out a lot. Im about to order the OSK kit myself. Already did the shocks and some bushings.

The OSK kit you ordered, did it come with the seals and everything needed to complete the job? It looks like you order another set of the same seals. Just curious as I need to order everything ahead of time as I am taking it to a friends shop so I have a 2 day shot to fix everything haha. Wont have time to sit and wait for correct parts.
you are very welcome, i'm glad it could help someone else.

the duplicates originally were "just in case it doesn't go right, and i messed it up taking it out, and i wish i had another good one to use !!" (crank seal and oil seals come to mind.)

it (the OSK) is supposed to come with seals.
the kits were so cheap, i just wanted to compare diffrent brands, since i only want to do it once. and i am looking for another KA24E to rebuild so any extra parts are always good.

OSK stuff should be here within a couple of days.

i got my CLOYES kit today. i mainly bought this kit because the chain guide photo detail was so good, was not as detailed in the other listings.
i will use them if OSK isn't up to snuff. not very likely, though.

the kit looked well made and it is. very heavy. like OEM.
everything in it is very high quality. guides, sprockets, and chain from USA.

chain is nice and heavy, i will weigh it on a scale against the OSK when it comes.
the tensioner seems good, but am using a Martin Adjustable.

the Aisin water pump is NICE!! it is high quality and very polished, the rusty edges in the photo is me wearing a rusty colored t shirt!
4 new fan-clutch bolt studs and gasket included.
JAPAN OEM.

Evergreen oil pump came in an oil soaked wrap and sealed airtight in a bag.
i will leave it sealed until i need it.
made in TAIWAN.

i later found a hitachi OEM oil pump from AutoHausAz, so i will be using it.
JAPAN OEM.

Victor Reinz head gasket and head bolts are here, made in JAPAN.

i sealed the box before i saw i didn't take a bolt picture. but i will.

and my victor reinz RTV sealant. buddy is a European Brand mechanic and swears by it. i have used it for years, top notch stuff.
(HINT)... try the orange VW sealant for most
thermostats. i use it on my GM stuff.

VR RTV is like using the KROIL. once you use it, you just know...
$12 on amazon, $7 from AutoHausAz. GERMANY.

click this one to enlarge it...

Friday night from SuperBright LEDs, i ordered a few more bulbs (6-74s for the 3rd brake light), 2 bolt through license plate lights, bunch of wiring loom for under the hood, little 10 amp rated toggle switches, wire terminals and butt splices,some 18 gauge/3 conductor cable for fog lights and such.
Arriving Tomorrow between 10-2pm, and had a 15% off coupon i used!

Last edited by amdilligaf1; 03-28-2021 at 08:14 PM.
amdilligaf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
Project510 (03-29-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 08:24 PM   #17
amdilligaf1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehustler View Post
So..... is there any chance anybody would wanna trade rock auto magnets? I got a couple doubles and im in to cover more of my fridge.

I really like the kyb shocks, i gotta order some more now that im back in a 4 banger. And killer fog lamps
i gave the red BMW one to my neighbor. he had never heard of them, but wrenches like i do.
he was just dealer quoted $1600 to swap his column ignition assembly!!

but you are welcome to any others you might see. i have 1 or 2 RA pkgs still out, so will post 'em when i get 'em.

yeah, never too many fog lamps, i have OEM pathfinders to put on, but i'm still looking for some that will take a longer bulb.

i have reduced my total lighting load by replacing everything but the headlights with LEDs, so am now able to have higher watt fogs without a drag on my OEM alternator.

let us know what you find.

pep boys had some bright ones on sale, but cheaper on ebay now, i think.

we had a BAD fog this weekend, i couldn't see anything 50 feet out, so may go with some yellows like a subaru .
Old 03-29-2021, 02:52 PM   #18
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1997 D21 King Cab XE 2WD, 1998 Pathfinder.

Go with some LED H-3 bulbs from SuperBrightLed dot com

1997 King Cab XE, 5-sp, canopy, AC/PS, KA24E, 129,000 miles. Need a technical manual? Drop me a message. Chilton's for amateurs.
XoXSciFiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (04-01-2021)
Old 03-29-2021, 04:49 PM   #19
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 SE-V6 4WD D21, 2003 Audi A4 Avant 3.0 Quattro

I'd stay halogen on fogs too. They are not running lamps but serve a purpose and the wrong bulb will compromise what you can see and what others can see just like dropping an LED or HID into a halogen headlight housing.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (04-01-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 01:34 PM   #20
tannerg1223
Tannerg1223

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1996

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdilligaf1 View Post

i am still waiting for KYB shocks, Energy Suspension leaf spring bushings, a Victor Reinz valve cover gasket, and Dorman door pins and bushings on this order ...
The KYB shocks have been nothing but great for me! I'm running stock shocks on a 3" lowered setup and they feel fine!
tannerg1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
amdilligaf1 (04-01-2021)