Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > Introductions

Old 05-02-2019, 10:46 PM   #61
86.5KC

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1986.5, King Cab, Z24i, 5speed, 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed6 View Post
To me it appears the wheel is pushed backwards about half an inch.
Also in one pic it looks as if your leaf springs are sagging, I remember that being an issue when i had my square body s10's
As far as looking like my wheel is pushed back..... yes you are not wrong. It is by exactly 1/2 of an inch. As far as looking wrong, my opinion is that it is not noticeable enough to bother me to try to come up with some other method of mounting my leafsprings. I used a plumb-bob to mark original axle center and then again once I added the new leafsprings and had completed the redrill. It did actually move back, not 1/2 of an inch but close enough to be called that.

As far as sagging springs goes.....the springs on my truck are the Belltech 3 inch springs. They have always had that look, and I never questioned it. The stock springs were also fairly flat compared to the way they were when I removed them. Both spring packs had a very similar arch off the truck. I have had zero problems, even with several loads of pavers which I would estimate would have been well over 1500lbs each load and I did 6 trips loaded that way about 35 miles each trip.
86.5KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2019, 12:33 AM   #62
EF2

Vehicle: 94 king cab

finally started messing with the truck, and i must say i got a little over confident saying i’d have it done in a weekend lol. all the old stuff is off the front, have a little of the new stuff on but need to press the old bushings outta the old uca so i can get those two rods for the new uca’s. that’s not gonna happen till monday since i don’t have a press. 25 years of all the old parts being on there has really made this a pain in the ass. hopefully have everything, or at least damn near everything done within the next week. tires are ordered so that and the grade 8 bolts/nuts for the re-drill are the only things left i need. i’ll keep you guys updated as i get things done.
EF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:11 PM   #63
Mazdaspeed6

Vehicle: 1997 base model Hardbody

Any updates with this?
Mazdaspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 08:59 PM   #64
EF2

not yet, it’s still sitting. it’s been raining a lot here lately and it’s outside so i haven’t had a chance to mess with it. getting the bushings done hopefully today, then as soon as the weather gets better i’ll get back to it.
Old 05-08-2019, 01:25 AM   #65
Mazdaspeed6

Vehicle: 1997 base model Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF2 View Post
not yet, itís still sitting. itís been raining a lot here lately and itís outside so i havenít had a chance to mess with it. getting the bushings done hopefully today, then as soon as the weather gets better iíll get back to it.
Awesome, I mayself am contemplating adding a mini notch, hanger refill and drop spindles but look forward to seeing a dumped extra cab too
Mazdaspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 02:03 AM   #66
EF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed6 View Post
Awesome, I mayself am contemplating adding a mini notch, hanger refill and drop spindles but look forward to seeing a dumped extra cab too
oh hell yeah. yeah i got the bushings pressed out but the little bolt thing that goes thru the uca has the bushings seized to it so i gotta cut those off tomorrow and hopefully get the new ones into the new ucas. hopefully i can have it all together this weekend.
Old 05-14-2019, 05:35 AM   #67
EF2

ok so i got the day off tomorrow and i’m gonna try to get all this shit done, it’s been driving me nuts. first thing, i got questions about the torsion bars, first question i know nothing about torsion bars haha. i didn’t really mark them or anything when i pulled everything apart, and the driver one stayed pretty much together but the passenger side one all came apart. so i guess what i’m asking is is there anything special i need to do when putting them all back together? or is it kinda one of those things where when i put them all back together i can re-index them and just adjust till i find what i’m looking for? maybe match the two sides so they sit even? sorry i’ve got a million questions all the time lol, thanks in advance, you guys have been fucking sick at helping this far.
Old 05-14-2019, 01:41 PM   #68
86.5KC

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1986.5, King Cab, Z24i, 5speed, 2wd

EF2,
Since you have them apart now, you will want to re-index them to where the angle matches left to right....... Assemble everything else on the front end, get the upper a arms to rest on the upper bumpstops, insert your torsion bars so that the angles are very much the same but you can start the bolts that thread the endlinks of the bars. Tighten the bolts to somewhere near the midpoint of adjustment but count the total turns and make sure they are equal.. The rest is going to be trial and error where you will need to put the truck on the ground and go for a drive around the block to let the suspension settle..... after that you will have to decide if that is the height you want, if its too high , jack up the truck and loosen the adjusters, if its too low, tighten them...... its going to be a process of adjusting the bolts, drive around the block, check height, readjust as needed........
Way back when, I bought a super deep 19(?)MM1/2" drive socket to put on my 3ft breaker bar for this from Amazon so that I could just make the adjustments then once I was done I used a wrench and the long socket to lock the two nuts together. It was worth the ~$10 to not have to make and remake the adjustments with a wrench.
86.5KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
EF2 (05-18-2019)
Old 05-18-2019, 12:28 AM   #69
EF2

thanks for the help on those torsion bars. front is together and i put wheels on and it’s on the ground. gonna have to trim the radius rods a little where they bolt to the lca, looks like they’re hitting the inside lip of the wheels. doing the rear tomorrow, hopefully it goes better than the front has been. thing sits so fucking low in the front lol, i may have to raise it just a tad. steering feels 100 times better with all new stuff too so that’s nice. my photbucket has taken a shit basically so i gotta do something about pictures. photos soon, i promise.
Old 05-19-2019, 01:49 AM   #70
EF2

truck is basically done, thank god lol. had to cut stock u bolts off and the front leaf bolts as well. obviously there was more minor problems but i got this fucker done. re drill was fairly easy, just wanted to make sure both sides were the same and they’re close enough. i’m like delusional from working on it all day and not eating. needs a few minor things to finish it up, but it’s driving. looks like the front is sitting on bumstops slightly but it rides really nice. rear hits on the big bumps and the front leaf brackets scrape everywhere since i haven’t cut them yet. if you wanna see a finished pic, check my instagram, heyzeus_on_lean