Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Infamous Nissan > Introductions

Old 04-23-2019, 11:18 PM   #51
EF2

Vehicle: 94 king cab

leafs showed up today, one bushing missing as well as two metal sleeves are gone lol.
ups is such a turd in my area. anyways, called summit and they got in contact with belltech and all i gotta do is email them my invoice and they’ll send the parts. shit happens i guess and it’s not like i’m in any rush. shits gonna be sick when it all comes together, at least i’m hoping lol. guess we shall see.
EF2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:27 AM   #52
Mazdaspeed6

Vehicle: 1997 base model Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by EF2 View Post
dude i canít stand those things. so gay. all the spiked shit is dumb af. i guess iíll just get some muteki sr48ís, they seem like theyíll look kinda funky being on a steelie with how long they are though. when i get the wheels iíll see i guess.

oh hell yeah, those would look sick in 17ís. crazy how the 15ís are like $55 each and then 16ís are like $82 each lol, pretty big price jump.
I think the 17s are about $120 or so each
Mazdaspeed6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:58 AM   #53
D21forever

Vehicle: 1988 D21 pickup

Quote:
got a new front bumper. not oem, and itís taiwan made lol, needed a little finesse to get it to fit, mainly due to the passenger bracket being slightly tweaked. looks pretty good for what it is and being fairly cheap.
BEFORE

AFTER

I ordered one for my 88 from RockAuto and it was the worst new bumper I've ever seen....chrome finish was really dull and uneven and it had really bad tooling scratches and one of the square holes for the screws wasn't even square, it was just a torn round hole. The only good thing was it didn't cost me anything after they accepted my return.

Where did you get your bumper?
D21forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #54
EF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by D21forever View Post
I ordered one for my 88 from RockAuto and it was the worst new bumper I've ever seen....chrome finish was really dull and uneven and it had really bad tooling scratches and one of the square holes for the screws wasn't even square, it was just a torn round hole. The only good thing was it didn't cost me anything after they accepted my return.

Where did you get your bumper?
yeah i feel you, this one wasn’t that great of a fit but the chrome looks good. i got mine off of ebay from the seller autosdepo. mine came with the front main section, the two end caps and the plastic inserts. it didn’t have the carriage bolts for the end caps either but i just went to ace hardware and they had chrome ones in the size i needed.

wheels came in last night, things are pretty god damn heavy lol, i’m used to kosei k1’s and rpf1’s so these things seemed crazy heavy. either way, they look sweet and should look good on the truck.
Thanked by:
D21forever (04-25-2019)
Old 04-25-2019, 08:04 PM   #55
Mazdaspeed6

Quote:
yeah i feel you, this one wasn’t that great of a fit but the chrome looks good. i got mine off of ebay from the seller autosdepo. mine came with the front main section, the two end caps and the plastic inserts. it didn’t have the carriage bolts for the end caps either but i just went to ace hardware and they had chrome ones in the size i needed.

wheels came in last night, things are pretty god damn heavy lol, i’m used to kosei k1’s and rpf1’s so these things seemed crazy heavy. either way, they look sweet and should look good on the truck.
Tell me about it, I'm running 17 inch 4runner steelies with a 215/45/17 tire and the suckers weigh a ton.

I cant even burn out, well hardly. Really only will if its wet out ha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190422_185054.jpg (96.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 04-26-2019, 12:36 PM   #56
EF2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86.5KC View Post
Hi EF2,
That is correct, no front bumpstops, the tire contacts the inner fender to act as my bumpstop........

My wheels are the 17x7.5 with 30mm offset from an 07 Titan (according to partsgeek: https://www.partsgeek.com/catalog/20...xle/wheel.html )
I am running 205/50/17 to stay ~1.5% of the factory tire size that my truck came with so my speedo wasn't way too far off. I have 4wd fenders on the front and I did have to use a scissor jack and a 1x4 to stretch the rear fender opening to keep from eating the tire with the rear fender.
They initially poked out but I was able to push the fender edge out enough so that they tuck pretty well.
do you have any side shots of the rear wheels? iím reading mixed things about the hanger re-drill saying the wheel will look back in the wheel well if done 2 inches up and half inch back and vice versa. you did 2 up from the middle of the original bolt and half inch back also from middle of bolt?
Old 04-26-2019, 01:09 PM   #57
Mazdaspeed6

Quote:
do you have any side shots of the rear wheels? iím reading mixed things about the hanger re-drill saying the wheel will look back in the wheel well if done 2 inches up and half inch back and vice versa. you did 2 up from the middle of the original bolt and half inch back also from middle of bolt?
That is what has me stumped to about the redrill, is whether or not you go from the center of the original bolt hole and two inches up or from the top outside edge and two inches up.
Old 04-26-2019, 02:50 PM   #58
86.5KC

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1986.5, King Cab, Z24i, 5speed, 2wd

Hi guys.
Here is the pictures you have asked for.
The redrill is NOT complicated. Yes 2 inches up and 1/2 inch back from original hole center. If you do not go back that 1/2 inch you can not go up 2 inches, the spring hoop will hit the frame and you will not get the spring hoop center bushing to line up with the new hole.
As far as being able to see that the wheel center has moved....... you tell me what you think. I don't notice it, but then again I have had the truck this way for 3 years so maybe its just my normal.... Here is a thread with pics that may help explain better http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/...ighlight=drill

Can you tell that the wheel center has moved?

Let me know if you have any questions.
86.5KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 12:43 AM   #59
EF2

i didn’t think it was that complicated, i just wanted to see if the wheel would still be centered and not too far back. thanks for the info, yours looks pretty centered still. also thanks for the pics. gonna start on this thing tomorrow. still don’t have the leaf bushings so i probably won’t do a whole lot.
Old 04-27-2019, 04:27 AM   #60
Mazdaspeed6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86.5KC View Post
Hi guys.
Here is the pictures you have asked for.
The redrill is NOT complicated. Yes 2 inches up and 1/2 inch back from original hole center. If you do not go back that 1/2 inch you can not go up 2 inches, the spring hoop will hit the frame and you will not get the spring hoop center bushing to line up with the new hole.
As far as being able to see that the wheel center has moved....... you tell me what you think. I don't notice it, but then again I have had the truck this way for 3 years so maybe its just my normal.... Here is a thread with pics that may help explain better http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/...ighlight=drill

Can you tell that the wheel center has moved?

Let me know if you have any questions.
To me it appears the wheel is pushed backwards about half an inch.
Also in one pic it looks as if your leaf springs are sagging, I remember that being an issue when i had my square body s10's