Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Exterior & Paint and Body

Old 12-03-2012, 02:29 AM   #11
Lowlyfe
Highly Medicated

Vehicle: 93 Hardbody

Would the dual pack "last chance" filters be good enough to start up with then? I eventually will have all the right equipment but right now it's not in the cards to spend $270 on an air dryer system.
Here's the start of the media blaster... so far it's been all scrap metal and an old propane tank I had and about 3 hours of work to put it together. Just need to plumb and paint it then it will be ready to go. It seems like it will be a little on the small side so if I find myself having to refill the pot with media alot then I plan to build a lager version and sell this one, but time will tell.
Lowlyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 04:36 AM   #12
4DRZ

Vehicle: 2000 Nissan Frontier ext. cab

Yes the 2 pack desiccant filters are PERFECT for your powder coating gun. Not for the sand blasting because this type of filter will be limited to a certain PSI which is almost always a great deal less than the optimum psi needed to effectively blast with. Your powder coating finishes will thank you for using these however. They are great at removing moisture and most other contaminants. Looks good so far.
4DRZ is offline   Reply With Quote