View Single Post
Old 03-03-2014, 01:59 AM   #8
Fanophins

Vehicle: 95 Nissan Hardbody SE 4x4 king cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by cadillacdude1975 View Post
this one is for the 95/96 models. the affected VINs are listed below. since so many of these trucks were bought second hand, you can still call the dealer to see if there are any needed recalls.

and yeah, thy still have to do recall, even if it is 15 years later lol

Reference:
NTB98-096 Date:
November 23, 1998 VOLUNTARY RECALL CAMPAIGN
1995-96 TRUCK TAIL LAMP HARNESS REPLACEMENT NHTSA/CAMPAIGN I.D.# : 98V-234
APPLIED VEHICLE:
Certain 1995-96 Trucks (D21) APPLIED VINs:
1N6*D1***SC362200 - 468380
1N6*D1***1C300001 - 300035 INTRODUCTION
Nissan has determined that certain 1995 and 1996 model year Nissan Pick Up trucks may have a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety. A rear lamp may not illuminate because the metal tube in the light socket moves and separates from the plastic socket housing. This will result in the stop / tail lamp or turn signal lamp not functioning which could result in a crash.
IDENTIFICATION NUMBER
Nissan has assigned identification number 98V-234 to this campaign. This number must appear on all communications and documentation of any nature dealing with this campaign.
NUMBER OF VEHICLES POTENTIALLY AFFECTED
The number of vehicles potentially affected is approximately 102,000.
DEALER RESPONSIBILITY
It is the dealer's responsibility to check Service Comm for the campaign status on each vehicle tailing within the range of this recall campaign which for any reason enters the service department. This includes vehicles purchased from private parties or presented by transient (tourist) owners and vehicles in dealer inventory. Federal law requires that new vehicles in dealer inventory which are the subject of a safety recall must be corrected prior to sale. Failure to do so can result in civil penalties by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. While federal law applies only to new vehicles, Nissan strongly urges dealers to also correct any used trucks in their inventory which fall within the range of this campaign prior to sale.
To assist you in identifying those vehicles involved in this service campaign that were either purchased from your dealership or are in your dealership inventory, a customer list report for these vehicles will be provided to your regional office for distribution to all Nissan dealers once all customer mailings have been completed. Each dealership service department is encouraged to contact these vehicle owners to have the required repairs completed on their Pick Up trucks.
Holy Shit,my truck falls into this recall vin.# and I've had a lot of trouble with the drivers side brake light. I might as well have my worn out seat belt replaced at the same time because they have to replace them for the life of the vehicle if not working properly. Thanks Caddie! Where did you find these recalls?
Fanophins is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
swampyankee (03-03-2014)