Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 01-18-2011, 02:58 AM   #1
wildbill89hardbody

Default z24i performance/ turbo?

ok i want to make more power with a z24i does anyone know of any any performance parts that will help this thing out? cams, pistons, intakes throttlebodys bigger injectors. some one told me the z20 in the 200sx has a larger cam in it is this true? and last but not least has anyone ever turboed one? is there a kit or what has to be done? i want to make some power im sick of this 106 horse power tird under my hood lol

wildbill89hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:05 AM   #2
david29
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill89hardbody View Post
ok i want to make more power with a z24i does anyone know of any any performance parts that will help this thing out? cams, pistons, intakes throttlebodys bigger injectors. some one told me the z20 in the 200sx has a larger cam in it is this true? and last but not least has anyone ever turboed one? is there a kit or what has to be done? i want to make some power im sick of this 106 horse power tird under my hood lol
I have heard going to dual Weber carbs or something similar will wake up the Z motor.
2000 Nissan Frontier(bagged, will clear 20"s)
david29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:07 AM   #3
wildbill89hardbody

where can i find the dual weber set up?

wildbill89hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 01:54 AM   #4
lomofo11

There was a member on nissanminis and/or nissancustoms that had a boosted nap-z. His screen name was UBCNME. Of course, the motor was built. Cant remember what parts he used, google it. He may pop up. Like David said, carburate it. A single side draft weber would be good if you dont do to much to your engine. Redline has the weber kits. Dual side drafts are awesome looking and you might want to do some other upgrades before you choose those. Might be too much for stock internals, mainly the head being untouched. There are a handfull of cams, Isky, Wolverine, Comp Cams etc. Pauter rods, carrillo rods, Je pistons. There really isn't alot of performance parts for them, just a select few companies. Although, I did read an article about stroking them and head swaps. Just google about it. I wish I had the link still.
lomofo11 is offline   Reply With Quote