Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 09-19-2020, 09:37 PM   #1
Daltonhm8

Vehicle: Nissan Pickup 1995
Exclamation Wiring Harness fried

Hey guys! New here, just recently picked up a 95 d21 KA24. It had the wrong battery in it and the positive terminal touched one of the body panels and fried the harness connected to the positive cable. I haven’t done much wiring so I am looking for advice on how I should repair it. I’ve attached pictures of the wires and what not, and can upload more upon request, but I wasn’t sure if I should swap the harness with one from a junk yard, or if I should rebuild the one I have now, but it looks like A wire on the alternator fried all the way down the main harness on the left side of the engine. The only thing that works on my dash is the tachometer, and the check engine code comes on for “Vehicle Speed sensor circuit” Code 14. Could anyone help me out?
Daltonhm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 11:06 PM   #2
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 2,003 Times in 1,649 Posts

I’d repair the harness. You can use parts of a harness from a donor truck if you’d like but I wouldn’t replace the whole harness unless there are multiple wires melted. The wiring diagram for the alternator is on page EL-7 in the link below. There are 2 white wires that run from the battery to the alternator. They’re spliced together just after the fusible link. Did any of the fusible links burn up?

https://www.nicoclub.com/service-man...dy/1995/EL.pdf