Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 07-01-2020, 05:37 AM   #1
Djara420

Vehicle: 1995 Nissan D21
Angry Wet engine base

So on Friday afterwork I decided to wash the engine base on my 95 d21 the previous owner never did any maintance on the truck so after washing it I let the truck sit till dry. After a day drying I try to started it up and the truck was misfiring and shaked alot I went ahead and check the distributer and cables I notice the distributer cap was damaged so I went to Autozone and got the cap/ rotor/ and cables since they were old after installing it still had the issue on keeping the truck on shakes alot so I went ahead and replace the spark plugs still no luck I checked everything and thought it was the maf sensor so I replace that and cleaned the throttled still no luck would it be a electrical problem or a timing problem even tho I didn't mess with the distrubuter any help would be appreciated
Djara420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 10:55 AM   #2
cadillacdude1975
The Gear Jammer

Vehicle: 87 D21 SE KC V6 2wd 5sp & 87 Pathfinder 4x4 SE
Thanked 1,196 Times in 1,100 Posts

Aftermarket distributor caps are junk. They use as little material possible to form the cap. Did you install NGK plugs? These trucks usually run like poop if you do not use NGK.

Might try tl get a code reader and see if there are any set codes. Is the check engine light on Or flashing?

It might be a good idea to get a digital multimeter and test the coil.
cadillacdude1975 is offline   Reply With Quote