Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Tech Area > Wiring and Electrical

Old 05-10-2020, 04:43 AM   #1
Tryintomakeitwork

Vehicle: Nissan Pickup SE 1987
Default 93 pathfinder (V6) wiring harness into 87 D21

Is the 93 pathfinder V6 wiring harness as a whole a direct plug and play with a 87 hardbody V6? Iím talking about the fuzes and the connectors, everything. Iíve been searching the forums but nothing has been said about the whole harness. Any help would be appreciated. If there is a thread someone can link me to for this dilemma I would equally appreciate that as well.
Tryintomakeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 05:03 AM   #2
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

Most folks with TBI either stay TBI or go carbed.

The 93 is MPFI which means at very least the fuel injection system is different as far as the wiring. The ECM is also different as there are more injectors. 93 was a turning point with the D#1, so likely with the WD21 too, where the speedo changed from mechanical to electronic so the instrument cluster and speed sensor circuit will be different. Lotta little things were changed.

I'm not sure when it changed but with the R50 Pathfinder the location of the alternator and power steering pump was on different sides of the motor from the truck. That would complicate wiring too as the pigtail would be in the wrong spot.

I am planning a similar swap but more custom once I find a seller with a blower that isn't a flake. When/if I get to do this I will do a full write-up.

What is your end goal? Motor swap? MPFI swap?

Motor swap is easy. Swap the block and put your injection system and intake back on. MPFI swap will turn into custom wiring and in my case a custom ECM and tune.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 11:37 AM   #3
Tryintomakeitwork

Vehicle: Nissan Pickup SE 1987

My end goal is to replace the wiring I’m my truck. The previous owners messed all of the wiring up and now looks like a rats nest and everything has been twist spliced with electrical tape and none of it even matches up as far as color codes. Nothing is labeled and now I’m trying to make it right again.i found a 93 pathy at my pick n pull and was trying to make it work.
Tryintomakeitwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2020, 01:43 PM   #4
Deerhurst
4/86 SE-V6 2 tone 4x4 HB

Vehicle: 1986.5 Hardbody

I think the newer pathy harness will add quite a bit of complexity and no, it will not just drop in.
VG33i
Deerhurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 11:07 AM   #5
Hardbody92

Vehicle: 1992 hardbody

You picked the wrong year, 93 v6 is a bastard year. I've had nothing but trouble with my 93 pathfinder SE. I can tell you the injector harness is slightly different than a 94 and up.
My personal opinion, once you have a wiring problem with these trucks you are in a world of shit.