Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > My Infamous Nissan > Project Build Log

Old 08-11-2019, 12:11 PM   #1
Solarninja

Vehicle: Nissan D21 1992
Default Ninjas D21 "Red Rocket"

I picked up this poor thing abt a month ago from a kid who attempted to install an Ebay turbo kit and failed miserably. I went to look at it and most everything was a melted ball of rubber and copper, so I said I'll give you 400 bucks and a bouncy castle (that's been in my back yard for years unused and I'm about to throw it away) he said sure so I said ok let me check a few things first. Went to orilys got compression tester, battery, plug wires, spark plugs, and a wrench. Cranked up the rising rate fuel regulator to the max, and boom she cranks first try.. kid was like I been messing with this for months and u get it working in 30 mins :rage:

Threw it on the tow truck an took it home
Heres pics of when I got it....as soon as I figure out how to attach them

Last edited by Solarninja; 08-11-2019 at 01:15 PM.
Solarninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 12:33 PM   #2
Solarninja

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183328064@N02/

So after lots of uploading I'm sorry it's all out of order but I think you can get an idea of the rat nest I've been hacking thru

The good news is I have it running right now! The bad news is I'm finding all the other gremlins!

It's a 50 trim t3 t4 turbo, running a z32 maf and 550cc rx7 injectors. Ecu is out of a stanza and was flashed by rs enthalpy. I'm working on wiring a consult port into it this week (when I get my pigtail and interface) so that will be neat. My big issues right now are that I have to bypass the fuel pump relay to get it to work correctly(tried 3 different relays and it will only turn on with a jumper), and the fact that I have a manual speed sensor and a 2step that works of an electric speed sensor....so I cant get out of the first step.

Last edited by Solarninja; 08-11-2019 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:04 AM   #3
baggednissan

Vehicle: 96 hardbody

Should be a neat build and fun once you get it worked out .
baggednissan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:25 AM   #4
Solarninja

I think I resolved the vss/2step issue. I'm gonna post more details on my findings in another thread I started about this issue seen here: http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/...ad.php?t=43287