Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old 07-25-2020, 03:58 PM   #21
ewrjontan

Vehicle: '94 Hardbody

So I checked the “short” with my multimeter again. No beep with continuity when I test the green/white wire with a ground but my multimeter does display numbers. Does that still mean there is continuity? I ran an “add a circuit” fuse from the same 10a fuse to the radio and the radio now works fine. My clock light and ac worked fine at first but last night I noticed the clock light wasn’t working and alas, the fuse is blown. Radio still works so that’s good. I really would like the ac to work.

The blower kicks on but I’m assuming the condenser or other ac component isn’t getting power. Is the harness for that the one behind the glove box.
ewrjontan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 10:57 PM   #22
alabama_lowlife
Owner and Administrator

Vehicle: 2012 370Z, 1970 Datsun 521, 1995 Nissan Hardbody x2
Thanked 1,984 Times in 1,633 Posts

In order for a short to ground test to display valid results you must disconnect every device from the wire on every end. Pull the fuse, disconnect the radio, pull the a/c relay. Then you can check to see if the wire is shorted to ground. Otherwise you will be reading through those items to ground.

The blower is unrelated to this problem.
Old 07-26-2020, 05:40 AM   #23
ewrjontan

Vehicle: '94 Hardbody

Gotcha. I was wanting to just by pass the short and connect my new wire (from the fuse box) directly to the A/C wire or harness (whichever one that may be).
ewrjontan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 01:50 AM   #24
speakerfixer

Vehicle: Nissan D21 KC 1995

One note about modern radios-

I note that many newer radio/CD players, have a smaller gauge switched wire (accessory), and a larger wire for constant 12V. They get the power for the inboard amps from the constant 12V- the switched wire just turns the whole thing on.

If one has a radio like this- then there shouldn't be enough power drawn to compromise the accessory switched circuit. It, instead, is almost a given thing that it's a wiring short, as apparently is already suspected...

Also- if there is a short- that part of the wire that is shorted, HAS to be COMPLETELY REMOVED from the circuit. Just connecting a wire from the fuse panel, to an original wire that has a short, will still result in a short!

Regards,
Gordon.
speakerfixer is offline   Reply With Quote