Go Back   Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums > Model Specific > Hardbody Forum (D21)

Old Today, 04:57 AM   #15801
brandonodom18

Vehicle: 1990 Nissan D21 HardBody

That is something I meant to ask about on really cold mornings like anything below 30 that night my transmission won’t go over into the reverse and 5th gear fork so I can’t use reverse or 5th and after about 2 miles of driving it’ll free up has anyone else had this happen

brandonodom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:58 AM   #15802
brandonodom18

Vehicle: 1990 Nissan D21 HardBody

And I found a 93 hardbody 4x4 that I’m gonna sell my tractor to get

brandonodom18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:54 AM   #15803
ahardb0dy
The Post Count Whore

Vehicle: 1993 Nissan Hardbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonodom18 View Post
That is something I meant to ask about on really cold mornings like anything below 30 that night my transmission wonít go over into the reverse and 5th gear fork so I canít use reverse or 5th and after about 2 miles of driving itíll free up has anyone else had this happen
synthetic gear oil helps with that if your not running it.

Current truck - 1993 Nissan Hardbody king cab 2wd
, (formerly owned: 90 Nissan Sentra, 94 Nissan Pathfinder SE 4x4, 05 Nissan Titan, 87 Nissan SE-V6 4x4 king cab, 94 Infiniti Q45t & 80 Datsun 310GX )
ahardb0dy is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanked by:
jp2code (Today)
Old Today, 10:56 AM   #15804
XoXSciFiGuy

Vehicle: 1988 Nissan HB 2WD

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonodom18 View Post
That is something I meant to ask about on really cold mornings like anything below 30 that night my transmission won’t go over into the reverse and 5th gear fork so I can’t use reverse or 5th and after about 2 miles of driving it’ll free up has anyone else had this happen
Check your slave cylinder on the tranny. Reverse will be the first gear you can't shift to well if it's crap.

Check your MAIN clutch cylinder on the firewall.

Check fluid in the manual transmission. Can you stick your finger in there and feel fluid? I know doing this is a PITA, but you can get someone in the truck at the same time and look at the travel distance on your slave cylinder when you are under there. Think about bleeding the whole system as long as you have someone in the cab anyway.

Advice comes to you from Mr. Old School guy. So take it as you will. If none of this works, then you move to the next level. You need total throw on that slave cylinder or getting into reverse could be tough. Better to fix this now, than grinding gears. If tranny is good, but hard to get reverse, it's something else. Before you do anything else, you must check your hydraulics from pedal to tranny and eliminate that, as well as condition of the clutch system itself.