Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Project Build Log (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   The mutt 95 Hardbody with 5.3 twin turbo (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42038)

baggednissan 09-09-2018 11:37 PM

The mutt 95 Hardbody with 5.3 twin turbo

I've always wanted to build a Hardbody with a v8 in it my first attempt was a 5.0 in my 88 it didn't work out so well,so I put another Z24 in it and keep rollin until I sold it for a zero turn mower,still got the mower by the way,fast forward many years and several trucks/projects later I picked up this 95 hardbody off Craigslist after the po posted it then changed his mine removed it then a few months later posted it again,so I jumped on it the 2nd time it showed up I bought it with the LS and trans sitting in it,already had the dana 44 bolted under it and the rack and pinion was there as well nothing completed or hooked up.I got it home and was gonna get it running without turbos but I figured what the heck its gonna be a project anyway why not make it more challenging.Then i got to looking at the factory LS wiring harness and the cost of pcm flashed, tuning it once everything was up and going so I got to looking in to the FITech system it seems a lot of money but for what all your getting its worth it in my option may have to up grade the injectors later but will see if and when I get this thing going.then I was checking in to turbo set ups ran across CSRacing I pretty much picked this kit out from pics the placement seemed close to what I was looking for and they had a sell going on saved a few bucks so I ordered it its supposed to be for a toyota supra late 80's with a LS swap fits pretty good so far.Griffin dirt track radiator non intercooler may have to do methanol inject to help keep it cool will see, great something else to think about it never ends theres more to come;)

baggednissan 09-09-2018 11:43 PM

5 Attachment(s)
hers some pics

baggednissan 09-09-2018 11:45 PM

5 Attachment(s)
more pics

baggednissan 09-09-2018 11:50 PM

5 Attachment(s)
and more

baggednissan 09-10-2018 12:00 AM

Some of that parts list I didn't use.It's from the po of the truck still got to figure out exhaust,fuel lines and turbo coolant lines then tear everything back down for gaskets and wiring maybe one day it will be rolling. btw I suck at welding so that's a set back when I need some done nice that is

scoobysmak 09-10-2018 04:27 AM

Nice project, I do believe this is going to hurt a few feelings after its all done.

LowMater86 09-10-2018 11:21 AM

Defiantly following this one got a buddy with a Single Turbo LS and its a beast. Good Luck and keep the pics coming gonna be something to see when its all said and done

h.stickeye 09-10-2018 10:35 PM

Man I wish I had the time to do this. We got short block v8s out the wazoo in Australia, and they are cheap.

Good on ya tho, fuckin champ.

baggednissan 09-12-2018 02:42 AM

Thanks guys it's gonna be slow go but I'll keep ya'll up on the build hoping around 500ish will see.

baggednissan 12-21-2018 02:35 AM

Lost interest but fixing to get back on this thing soon.