Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Wiring and Electrical (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Need some help with some wiring please (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44748)

cadillacdude1975 10-05-2020 02:03 AM

My trucklite clones were 90 bucks from Amazon.

Beercaps 10-05-2020 05:25 AM

Just to clarify in case anyone misunderstood, I never wanted to put these in itís purely out of necessity. Iíd love to have stock lights back in, especially since I just paid for new bulbs. I got lucky there were live wires in the right spot and bolted down some tractor supply offroad lights to limp myself to work in the mornings. Fortunately, theres no/light traffic on backroads so early in the morning, and if anyone is out thereís a 99% chance itís some hulking bro truck with lights bright enough to see through time so I wonít feel TOO guilty if my 560 lumen 2 bulb light pods are kind of bright.

Beercaps 10-16-2020 11:12 PM

So after three days of chasing wires and seeing no obvious issues I hit a pothole heading to work and everything is back to normal? No visibly damaged wires so I know to look for faulty plugs, any recommendations on where to start?

nunya 10-17-2020 12:24 AM

I would just paint an "X" on the bottom of that pothole in case the problem comes back.

Cusser 10-18-2020 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beercaps (Post 541123)
So after three days of chasing wires and seeing no obvious issues I hit a pothole heading to work and everything is back to normal

Just like on Bonanza where a recently-blinded Cartwright would hit his head and re-gain his sight just before the hour ended. Michael Landon used similar restoration a couple of times on his Little House on the Prairie show.

Will be interesting if everything continues to work. Intermittent wire connections are tough to track down.

Deerhurst 10-18-2020 05:11 PM

Fuses. I recently had an issue with my stereo doing random things. The contacts in the fuse block were fatigued and needed to be bent back to make good contact with the fuse.

Beercaps 10-24-2020 02:07 AM

Deerhurst I’ll dig into that ASAP tomorrow(Saturday) thank you for the tip. Every plug I’ve found so far has been cleared of suspicion. Dealing with all these wires is a real motivator to finish collecting parts for the carb swap and run everything I can on independent switches.

EDIT: Deerhurst nailed it. I went through and wiggled every fuse I could lay eyes on and found several that were loose on one or both sides. Fixed all connections tested everything, all good! Even managed to fix some of the other issues I was going to ignore like the dome light. Waiting on my new headlight buckets to arrive and I’ll put it all back together. Thank you again everyone for the ideas and help.