Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums

Infamous Nissan - Hardbody / Frontier Forums (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hardbody Forum (D21) (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Mass Air Problem (http://www.infamousnissan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45687)

fillpot 07-21-2021 04:26 PM

Mass Air Problem

Guy's new to the forum, I'm from a small town in South Alabama (Atmore) been around cars and such for I guess 35 years I'm 51 now but came into something I'm not sure about, I have a 1997 Nissan d21 and for a while now been having a problem with the truck stumbling, want accelerate, idle for a few seconds and die, went ahead and replaced the fuel pump for piece of mind it's got 200k with one rebuild and it didn't fix nothing , so got to looking around and there were no bolts holding on the mass air sensor so got some bolts plugged it up and killed the motor now after two new mass air sensors it's doing the same
thing, I have searched up and down the web for a fix but nothing has worked, no vacum leaks, no distibuter problems, broke wires etc, unhook the mass air sensor and it will run fine up to 2500 when it hits the fail safe, I've had a bunch of these little trucks threw the years and never ran into this before, plugs look good as well as wires, I'm sure someone has ran into this before, THANKS in advance!

Deerhurst 07-21-2021 05:53 PM

You are in limp mode. Pull codes. The 97 is also OBD compliant. Makes it easy.

fillpot 07-21-2021 09:00 PM

Forgot to add that Iíve tried two scanners and canít either one to read, Thanks

Deerhurst 07-21-2021 09:49 PM

Pull codes the old fashioned way then. Count the blinky lights.

If you don't already have a copy look for SiFi or JP. They can supply you with a PDF copy of the FSM.

fillpot 07-22-2021 12:34 AM

Cool I'm on it THANKS!

Deerhurst 07-22-2021 02:31 AM

Good luck! Let us know what you find!

fillpot 07-22-2021 03:34 AM

Thanks I will, btw while Iím here I have a 2003 Nissan Frontier 3.3 supercharged thatís going to need some lifters any recommendations on a brand, sorry to get off my main topic!

Deerhurst 07-22-2021 03:43 AM

It uses the same lifters as the VG30. Lifters on these engines are a PITA. Sometimes it's impossible to make them quiet. I'd just go with a recognized brand.

If you ever want to get rid of that blower, keep me in mind! I'm hoping to supercharge my VG33. I need all the supercharger specific stuff under the hood. Injectors, belt tensioners, blower, stuff like that.

fillpot 07-26-2021 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deerhurst (Post 551490)
It uses the same lifters as the VG30. Lifters on these engines are a PITA. Sometimes it's impossible to make them quiet. I'd just go with a recognized brand.

If you ever want to get rid of that blower, keep me in mind! I'm hoping to supercharge my VG33. I need all the supercharger specific stuff under the hood. Injectors, belt tensioners, blower, stuff like that.

Man I should ever sine I've had the truck It's had a bad knock sensor don't think it's seen boost in a long time, weak and loves gas lol!

fillpot 08-13-2021 03:09 PM

Guy’s just pulled my seat to count the flashes and it looks like my computer doesn’t have the lights? Is there a cover or something